Cinnamon is a spice from the inner bark of the Cinnamomum tree. There are 300+ species of the Cinnamomum genus and Cinnamon is a household kitchen pantry staple but here is why:
- Controls Blood Sugar
- Powerful Anti-Diabetic Effect
- Rids Stomach Flu
- Cuts Risk of Heart Disease
- Lowers Cholesterol
- Treats Yeast Infections
- Controls IBS
- Food Preservative
- Odor Neutralizer
- Warming Agent for Massage Oils
- Fights E-Coli and Salmonella
- Fights Tooth Decay and Gum Disease
- Heals Sore Throat and Coughs
- PMS Mitigator
- Mood Enhancer
And the list goes on……………………
Saigon Cinnamon is one of my FAVES!
Saigon Cinnamon is found primarily in Vietnam and contains the highest amount of Cinnamaldehyde and Coumarin in all of the species. Cinnamaldehyde is where the most of the health benefits come from which is why Saigon is one of my top choices!
My two favorite Cinnamon uses
- Sprinkled in my coffee.
- Sprinkled over plain oatmeal.
So re-up on your Cinnamon Fix and Thank Me Later!